My Third Ear

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Great Fish Story


For the last six weeks I’ve been building a blog/website for CreatingMemories for Disabled Children Foundation (CM4DCF)

The photos are my favorites. They tell the stories of the excitement of both disabled children and adults. It doesn’t take a professional photographer to help these people keep their memories alive year after year.

Ken Coreson is the President of the CM4DCFI. He and his wife Patty are my friends from our years of ministry in Enterprise, Oregon. Ken pastored the Nazarene church in Enterprise for several years after we moved to Omaha. It’s a privilege to help them with their new endeavor to help those less fortunate be able to experience hunting and fishing for themselves.

One day Patty fished with a group of the disabled adults from the area. Two men in wheel chairs were wheeled onto the boat. “It is so much fun to watch these guys catch even one small fish," she said. "They get so excited.”   

The men took home a string of fish by the time they finished. When Ken took the fish to the cook, the cook said, “You help them catch them, I’ll clean and cook em.”

My favorite Bible fish story is John 21:10-11

Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish you have just caught.”

Simon Peter climbed aboard and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn.

Every time I read the story I think about Peter. Jesus is waiting for him and yet he counted the fish. Peter truly was a real fisherman.

Still Lionhearted, Kat 

No comments:

Post a Comment