My Third Ear

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Husband's Best Fish Story Ever



With Husband’s terminal diagnosis of Psuedomyxoma Peritonei hanging around us like a death angel waiting to take him away, we decided to fly to Oregon and spend time with family. 

My sister’s husband, Jack, and Husband had been friends since they were about nine years old. What do guys do when life hangs heavy? They have fun.

Husband wanted to teach my Aunt Millie with the best fish story ever. “We can take a photo and I can add the fish,” Jack said.

Jack took several shots to capture the right facial grimace. I caught one of Jack taking the best of the best.

The biggest catch of all time, Husband’s record catch, brought lots of fun to an otherwise mentally and physical taxing time for him.

He gave away laughter then and through the next two years while he struggled with PMP. His laughter helped me through breast cancer, too. 

 Still Lionhearted, Kat 




No comments:

Post a Comment